Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Woodley United Football Club app


1st Team - Match centre

Woodley United
R Lewis (48')
Full time
H Richardson (3', 18'), S Guze (19'), D Horscroft (81')
Thu 19 Apr 19:45 - UHLSPORT HELLENIC LEAGUE - Premier Division Attendance 33

First ever meeting with Longlevens ends with United racking up their biggest ever win at Step 5


Superb team showing sees Woodley pick up first league win since October

The first team completed their 2017/18 away program on Thursday evening with a long trip to Gloucester. Taking the game to the hosts from the first minute Woodley were three up at half time. Longlevens gave United a scare pulling one back early in the second half but a Danny Horscroft penalty nine minutes from time sealed the three points.

With the sun shining Woodley took the lead just three minutes in when Horscroft took advantage of an under-hit back pass allowing him to go one-on-one with keeper Ash Wintle. Going round Wintle Horscroft was tripped and a penalty awarded. Haydon Richardson made no mistake finding the left corner from twelve yards.

If Wintle was partially at fault for the first goal he more than redeemed himself two minutes later. Toby Bridges corner was cleared to Owen Davies who gave it back to Bridges; his cross from the right picked out Toby Briggs at the back post who saw his powerful shot from point blank range somehow kept out. Wintle then made a further save tipping over a Horscroft header from the resultant corner.

Longlevens first chance fell to Ed Smylie; however he couldn't test Alex Reed who watched his header go over.

United doubled their lead on eighteen minutes when a corner fell to Briggs. After a goalmouth scramble Briggs' shot was somehow kept out by a block on the goal line, the ball broke to Sam Guze who rolled a pass back to Richardson on the right hand side of the box. Taking the shot first time the Woodley forward beat Wintle and a sea of bodies with a well placed shot into the left corner.

Sixty seconds later it was three when a fine pass by Davies picked out Guze who had timed his run from right back perfectly; with just Wintle to beat Guze calmly finished with a low shot.

The following ten minutes saw the hosts have a lot of the ball but not create much. However they were gifted a great chance to pull one back on thirty minutes when some indecision between Reed and Guze saw a Longlevens player nip in and gain possession. As the ball was rolled into an empty net the ref blew up for a foul and a second penalty was awarded. Dave Merrick stepped up but was denied by Reed diving to his left.

The final ten minutes of the half saw Briggs miss from the left whilst Reed made a comfortable save from Myron Turner. Reed ensured that his side went in with their three goal lead when he kept out a well struck shot by Dave Rich from twenty five yards.

HT Longlevens 0-3 Woodley United

Longlevens got back into the game on forty eight minutes when Rhy Lewis headed in a right wing cross at the near post.

The goal could have seen United under siege however it was Woodley who had the next two chances. Richardson had a shot from the right side of the box blocked whilst Horscroft headed a difficult chance over after Woodley skipper Idris Kamara headed a Bridges corner back across goal.

Just past the hour saw a pivotal moment in the game when Reed pulled off a very good stop to deny Merrick who had latched onto a ball that split the United defence.

Woodley made changes on sixty nine and seventy two minutes. Dave Morgan and Teddy Thomas replaced Abdul Kamara and Richardson respectively.

Either side of the changes saw the home side go close from right wing corners. The first was prodded narrowly wide from twelve yards before Smylie headed over.

United ended the match well. Thomas had his shot hit a defender taking all the power off it allowing Wintle to save.

The scoring was completed with nine minutes to go when Guze added to his goal and assist by winning a penalty after a fine run. Horscroft got a deserved goal when he sent Wintle the wrong way from the spot.

Longlevens had the games final shot on target when substitute Craig Martin headed tamely at Reed.

FT Longlevens 1-4 Woodley United

Key moments

Goal Haydon Richardson scores for Woodley United
Goal Haydon Richardson scores for Woodley United
Goal Sam Guze scores for Woodley United
Goal Rhys Lewis scores for Longlevens
Goal Danny Horscroft scores for Woodley United


View 0 new events
81:00 Goal 1 - 4
Danny Horscroft scores for Woodley United
72:00 Sub Off
Haydon Richardson is substituted off for Woodley United
72:00 Sub On
Teddy Thomas is substituted on for Woodley United
69:00 Sub Off
Abdul Kamara is substituted off for Woodley United
69:00 Sub On
Dave Morgan is substituted on for Woodley United
48:00 Goal 1 - 3
Rhys Lewis scores for Longlevens
End of period 1
19:00 Goal 0 - 3
Sam Guze scores for Woodley United
18:00 Goal 0 - 2
Haydon Richardson scores for Woodley United
3:00 Goal 0 - 1
Haydon Richardson scores for Woodley United
Start of the game
Replay game

As it happened

  • Longlevens
  • Woodley United
  • 0
  • Haydon Richardson Goal 3:00'
  • Haydon Richardson Goal 18:00'
  • Sam Guze Goal 19:00'
  • Rhys Lewis Goal 48:00'
  • Abdul Kamara Sub Off 69:00'
  • Dave Morgan Sub On 69:00'
  • Haydon Richardson Sub Off 72:00'
  • Teddy Thomas Sub On 72:00'
  • Danny Horscroft Goal 81:00'

Team selection

Reed, Alex Reed, Alex
Guze, Sam Guze, Sam
Hagger, Pele Hagger, Pele
Davies, Owen Davies, Owen
Kamara, Idris Kamara, Idris
Barley, Joe Barley, Joe
Bridges, Toby Bridges, Toby
Horscroft, Danny Horscroft, Danny
Briggs, Toby Briggs, Toby
Kamara, Abdul Kamara, Abdul
Richardson, Haydon Richardson, Haydon
  • 1.
  • 2.
  • 3.
  • 4.
  • 5.
  • 6.
  • 7.
  • 8.
  • 9.
  • 10.
  • 11. Rhys Lewis

League round up

Other Premier Division results

Tuffley Rovers


Loading comments

League table

# Team Pl Pts
14. Ascot United 38 40
15. Royal Wootton Bassett 38 39
16. Lydney Town 38 33
17. Highmoor Ibis 38 29
18. Fairford Town 38 28
19. Woodley United 38 26
20. Burnham 38 24

Team sponsors


Club sponsors