Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Woodley United Football Club app


1st Team - Match centre

Woodley United Football Club
Pewsey Vale
Sat 24 Nov 15:00 - Cup Full time

United progress in Supplementary cup


A Max Laschok brace sees United knock out Pewsey Vale.

United brought an end to an excellent November that has seen four wins and a draw in six outings by progressing to the second round of the Bluefin Sports Hellenic Supplementary cup.

Like Woodley, Pewsey Vale has been enjoying good form in Division One West with four wins in their last five outings and it was the visitors who enjoyed the opening quarter of hour with Tom Bryant twice parrying shots while Josh Fowler headed against the home cross bar only to be flagged off side.

United gradually got a foot hold in the match with Max Laschok having a good run only to be blocked in the penalty area and Pablo Fernandez seeing a cross go through the goal area and a shot wide.

It was Laschok who opened the scoring on twenty seven minutes when another run saw him withstand a challenge to slot pass the visiting keeper Sam Tuttle.

Ryan Thomas shot at distance to Bryant as Pewsey sought to equalise before Leon Mannion broke from a Vale corner to force Tuttle into a save. Vale was again flagged off side from a free kick while Jon Malone was fouled as he headed clear a cross in the penalty area.

A minute before half time Freddie Barron had a good run to find Fernandez who was fouled in the penalty area. Unfortunately Mannion put the spot kick over the cross bar. Again Vale responded with Malone required to clear of his own goal line to preserve the half time lead.

Woodley started the second half well with Mannion being tackled by Liam Edmondson as he was preparing to shoot and Edmondson was called up on to clear Fernandez’s goal bound shot that had been Tuttle two minutes later.

The fifty fifth minute saw Pele Hagger called upon to prevent Vale’s Ryan Thomas from shooting before the influential Fernandez set up Laschok who saw his shot blocked. The sixty sixth minute resulted in United doubling their lead as Fernandez passed to Mannion whose cross was headed home by Laschok as he out jumped Tuttle.

Harvey Tooth was to prevent Laschok completing his hat trick ten minute later while Bryant did well to keep the visitors goal less with fifteen minutes remaining.

The closet Woodley came to scoring again was three minutes from full time when Mannion’s cross saw substitute Toby Briggs turn and see his shot rebound off the base of the up right.

United then saw the match to an end with good possession that frustrated their guests.

Bryant, Edwards, Hagger, Malone, Axton-Small, Barnard (Briggs), Barron, Fernandez, Mannion Laschok (Dimech), Jewell (Hawkins) Sub not used Wilson

The FA SuperKicks app launched to kick-start children's play and learning

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.


Loading comments

Team sponsors


Club sponsors